Islamic Council WA established a Halal Certification Subcommittee to manage and administer halal certification process for businesses. The subcommittee meets once a month and reports to the Executive Committee.
The subcommittee has the following persons:
- Dr Rateb Jneid [Chairperson]
- Sheikh Hisham Obeid [ Halal inspector and Secretary]
- Brother Abdul Rahman Yahya [Vice Chairperson]
- Brother Haroon Ali [Committeeman and Marketing]
- Naser Al Ziyadat PhD [Technical Advisor and Compliance Standards]
The List of Australian Islamic organisations licensed for certification for Red Meat. Department of Agriculture Australian Government. [ click on link below]
OR download in PDF format below:
Royal Commission Report into Australian Meat Industry in 1982
Australian government instigated an inquiry when Australian beef meat to US market was discovered to be kangaroo meat causing a national scandal.