Report Hate Crime
Islamic Council of Western Australia advises Muslim West Australians to report politically or racially motivated hate crimes against them or anyone else to WA Police immediately. Reporting crime is your civic duty.
WA Police takes hate crime seriously.
- Telephone Police on 131 444 or dial 000 [ Emergencies only]
- Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000
In the name of Allah Most Gracious Most Merciful
The recent sensational anti-terror joint ASIO-AFP raids in Sydney and Brisbane have created unnecessary community hysteria and has the potential to create further social disturbances and hate crimes across the country against the Muslim community.
Islamic Council of Western Australia with other responsible Muslim organisations urge Muslim citizens to take precaution and care when organising their day-to-day activities around Perth.
- Sisters should take extra care not unnecessarily to travel alone/without a mahram (male family protector), especially at night.
- Park your car in well-lit areas supervised by close circuit cameras.
- Lock doors when inside the car
- Report all threatening behaviours to Police on 131 444
May Allah protect our ummah and help us stay steadfast in times of difficulty and ease.